Coal Board Medicals
Our practice offers one of the most comprehensive Coal Board Medical assessments in the industry and we have been providing this and other industry related medical services to the Mackay community for over seven years at competitive rates.
The medical assessment is performed with a specific departmental medical assessment form and signed off by only a nominated medical advisor. This medical scheme is required prior to employment and every 5 years or at specified intervals, thismay be of a shorter duration depending on individual medical conditions.
Our Occupational Medical Department is headed by very experienced occupational practitioner with post-graduate training in Occupational Medicine Health and Safety and is also a Nominated Medical Advisor with the Queensland Department of Mines and Energy.
The following are the steps involved:
- Completion of Practice Registration and Medical Questionnaire
- Audiometric hearing test
- Urinalysis, blood pressure, blood sugar, height, weight, visual acuity, colour vision test
- Spirometry for lung functions
- Full system physical examination by the doctor
- Referral for Chest xray if applicable (underground mining only)
- Supervised Drug & Alcohol Screen ( to the Aus/NZ standard )
- Appropriate advice and certification
We are in collaboration with other local Practices to provide fee-for-service After Hours emergency service at the Mater Private After Hours Service on 4965 5444. Emergencies are attended by the Mackay Base Hospital (4885 6000) at no charge for current Medicare card holders.